Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Gig!



In a previous post, I shared that I was working part-time at Saks 5th Avenue on the 3rd floor in their designer collections department.  After a few commutes into New York City and weekends where I wasn't selling a Carolina Herrera $6,000 dress or anything for that matter, I decided I needed to take matters into my own hands. I knew I wanted to work on the 1st floor in  fragrances but I didn't know where to start or who to ask. I was relatively new to the store and hadn’t made any connections yet. I went home one night and scrambled through some business cards. I sent an email to Elisabeth Noel Jones, CEO of Kilian perfumes.  I met her at a meet and greet with Kilian Hennessey in December at Bergdorf Goodman.  Within 24 hours she replied to my email asking me to come to Saks a couple of days later for an informal interview and the rest, as they say, is history!


Elisabeth offered me the opportunity on the spot and I was ecstatic! I was now associated with a brand that had a strong following, an outstanding product, and a wonderful presentation. What made the opportunity sweeter was that I believed in the brand as a consumer first prior to obtaining the freelancing opportunity. My perfume collection include Kilian's, Straight to Heaven's White Cristal, Liaisons  Dangereuses Typical Me, Beyond Love Prohibited,  the ADDICTIVE Black to Black Aphrodisiac, and my newest addition from the Arabian Nights collection Incense Oud.  


Thus far, my freelance experience has been really cool.  I'm elated to go to work, I'm excited to introduce the brand to new consumers, I appreciate conversing with current ones, and converting those familiar types who may be  in the market for something uniquely different but haven't discovered "it" yet.

If you're ever in NYC, looking for a Kilian perfume, or simply want to learn more about Kilian Perfumes contact me!

Kilian
Saks 5th Ave
611 Fifth Avenue  New York, NY 10022
(212) 753-4000

No comments:

Post a Comment