Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Turning passion into a thing of Beauty

I really appreciate coming across women who are living their passion to the fullest. I find it inspiring and motivating in so many ways. Next Monday, which happens to be my 34th birthday, I will be attending The Beauties and Brains Behind the Brands event in Brooklyn. Presented by Essence and In Her Shoes blog, it's a photography exhibition showcasing 25 "fly entrepreneurs" from NYC! Pretty dope, right?!

While browsing the In Her Shoes blog for additional information on the event, I came across a beauty by the name of Desiree Verdejo. She is an attorney, wife, beauty junkie, entrepreneur, and the new owner of Harlem's first luxury beauty boutique, Vivrant Beauty. I read her story and went to Instagram to look her up. I found out she was having a soft opening today and decided to go check it out. 
Desiree Verdejo 

Touré
My friend (Toure) and I strolled on over to 220 Saint Nicolas Ave to pay her a visit. Not only is Vivrant located in a brand new building, it's chic modern design, large windows, and easy to navigate layout is very appealing and welcoming. We met Desiree, her staff, and her husband, who happened to be behind the scenes putting the last minute touches on the merchandise but was kind enough to peak out to say hello.  She showed us around and we spent time chatting about the neighborhood, corporate America, entrepreneurship, beauty, fragrance, and what it takes to commit fully to your dreams. Desiree was so expressive, enthusiastic, engaging, and full of positive energy.  She had me  feeling encouraged and optimistic about my own potential. I'm excited to attend her grand opening in a few days and look forward to shopping at the boutique for my beauty needs, especially the Mario Badescu facial spray with rose water (a staple). More insights to come!

All smiles (pic from @adjah_l)

No comments:

Post a Comment